Background

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Every-day Miracles...

The theme in our mission for this year is "12 Months of Miracles", and of course the candy of choice is M&M's.  We are coming to the end of a successful mission year.  There are miracles every day!  Our missionaries write to President Dahle every week and often relate to him some of the miracles that happened in their area.  President Dahle then shares many of those miracles with the rest of us through the weekly newsletter. It is hard to express these miracles in a few words, but I will try...
many baptism miracle stories!

  • Going to a home and being told that they had been praying all day that you would come.
  • Meeting a man that was watching the missionaries for "the one" that would make a difference.
  • At a recent converts home, being introduced to a friend that does not go to church now but was baptized by your neighbor half-way around the world years ago...and he wants to be taught. 

I have had the desire to see/be aware of the miracles in my life.  When I talk about them, they seem like "oh, that's nothing"...circumstance...would have happened anyway...the Lord loves me and blesses me.  I am so thankful for the miracles...tender mercies...in my daily life.  
Sister Sisters...serving together!

  • One is that Donna and I are companions!  We asked to be companions, but know that in several cases that doesn't happen.
  • We can live in a small one-bedroom apartment together...without intruding on each other's "space".
  • We can sleep in the same bedroom every night!  We have lived alone for many years.  Miracle.
This week has been a hard one for me. I am in charge of the travel for our missionaries...coming and going.  Several things didn't go as they should.  Everyone is safe and happy, but I kept getting prompted to do this or that.
Manila Temple...miracles each day!
  • One example: two departing sisters were met by their parents and left the others after visiting the Manila Temple.  I was prompted to ask the Church Travel Department if these two sisters received their passports...one did not!  Before she ever knew there was a problem, her parents were receiving her passport and travel papers.  Little miracles occurred to make this happen.
Miracles are all around us every day.  I want to recognize the miracles for what they are.  We all have "stewardships" and receive promptings related to these stewardships.  I am thankful for my many blessings.  I am grateful for the knowledge that I have a loving Heavenly Father.  
December's new missionaries and their trainers...
miracles await!
And now on a lighter note...
it's a miracle that our large lawn is kept neat by using a "weed wacker"!

it's a miracle that our power doesn't go out more often than it does!

it's a miracle that we still eat rice!

it's a miracle that we don't get sick!

it's a miracle that we still have our toes!
This is the season to celebrate the biggest miracle of all...the birth of Jesus Christ, His life, and His love!  May we all remember Him and recognize the miracles in our daily lives.

Love from the Philippines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment