Background

Saturday, January 14, 2017

short and sweet ...

this is maybe a first for me ... i don't really have much to say!  there were no outstanding events during the week.  the work is similar day to day but everyday is truly something new.  i still love the opportunity i have to serve a mission here in the phillipines.  i still love the people and the missionaries and other senior couples are fantastic!  the new year has brought a renewed sense of wanting to do better ... be better.  diane and i were talking the other day about how we can feel such peace and joy in our lives when life didn't turn out quite as we expected.  i realized once again that every good thing in my life comes from the Lord.  i have a peace in my heart that surpasses all understanding, and i am grateful every day.

i like this quote from Thomas S. Monson, "The difference between the changes in my life and the changes in yours is only in the details.  Despite the changes which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days -- as much as we can -- with those things which matter most."  for me, that is my family and the gospel of Jesus Christ, which encompasses just about everything in this life!  may the year ahead be one of growth and happiness beyond anything you expected!  love, donna

just a pic of me photobombing.




No comments:

Post a Comment